Luminy neat PLA resins, and sample compounds from Corbion
Luminy® is a range of specially developed high performance PLA polymer resins, which are compliant with the most relevant regulations and requirements related to bioplastics (for all document downloads on PLA, please click here):
- Approved for EU food contact applications (EC No. 1935/2004 and No. 10/2011)
- EN 13432 standard for industrial composting (OK Compost and Seedling certified)
- Biobased content of 100%
- REACH compliant
- Made from European sugar beet and Thai sugarcane: these are always GMO-free crops
- Reduced carbon footprint (peer reviewed LCA study available)
Our new portfolio of neat PLA resins includes products in four categories (download datasheets here):
- High heat PLA for injection molding (L105, L130),
- High heat PLA (L175) and standard PLA (LX175) for extrusion/thermoforming,
- High heat PLA (L130, L175) and standard PLA (LX175) for fiber spinning
- PDLA as a nucleating agent for high heat PLA (D070) and PDLA in medium viscosity (D120).
Our Application Development Team is ready to support technical enquiries related to high heat PLA, standard PLA and PDLA as well as PLA compounded blends for any application. Looking for lactide monomers?
In addition to neat PLA resin, we have also developed a range of compounds in cooperation with our PLA partners, Universities, Institutes, compounders and brandowners. These are available in sample quantities for testing and production trials. Details on the properties of these PLA compounds can be found in the table below.
Product not available in your region
This product is not available in the selected region.
If you want this product in your region, or find a suitable alternative, please contact us,
Corbion and Kraton receive first European certification for biobased products
Corbion and Kraton received the first European certification for their biobased products - a key
Total and Corbion form a Joint Venture in bioplastics
Paris/Amsterdam, November 16, 2016 - Total and Corbion are joining forces to develop bioplastics by
Corbion starts construction of 75kTpa PLA bioplastics plant
The ground breaking ceremony which took place on November 9th, 2016 marked the official start
Plastic Pouches 2017
Vienna, Austria | Hear us speak at the international conference and exhibition exploring the latest market, technical and
PET Value Chain Conference 2017
Berlin, Germany | Hear us speak at the PET Value Chain conference in Berlin. The conference will reveal
Plant Based Summit 2017
Lille, France | Hear Stephan Roest talk about biobased FDCA for PEF in packaging applications at Plant Based