Note: If you are applying for a job with us, please check our Applicant Privacy Notice
This privacy statement sets out how Corbion NV and its group entities ('Corbion' or 'we') collect, use, disclose and protect any Personal Data (as defined below) that you or your company provide to Corbion when visiting our website, correspond with us and/or interact in the course of our businesses or in connection with our products and services. Corbion NV is the data controller for our website, and each subsidiary is the data controller for any applicable interactions as specified below.
Failure to provide certain Personal Data may result in us not being able to perform certain processing activities described in this privacy statement, and as a consequence, we may not be able to meet all our obligations to you, or we cannot comply with other legal obligations.
If you provide us with Personal Data about other persons such as, personal data of contact person, board members, directors, shareholders, representatives, or other persons who have executive power in your company, or you ask us to disclose their Personal Data to third parties, you are responsible for notifying those other persons of the details of this privacy statement, including obtaining any required consent from such third parties (where consent is required). You must also ensure that Corbion can lawfully collect, use, or disclose those persons' Personal Data as set out in this privacy statement.
B. What Personal Data do we collect?
“Personal Data” means data that relates to an individual and can, directly or indirectly, be used to identify that individual.
- Corbion website, Dedicated websites, Subscription and Customer Portal
Corbion website. When you visit our website www.corbion.com, you can contact us via the Contact button by filling out the form. Through this form, we collect all the Personal Data that you fill out, including your name, company, e-mail address, country, your enquiry, how you heard about us and any other Personal Data you decide to enter into the form. You can also contact us via e-mail and using the contact details listed on various parts of our website. If you contact us, we will collect your name, company and phone number, and any other Personal Data you provide us which we need to be of further assistance and communicate with you.
Dedicated websites. If you make an account in one of our dedicated websites (e.g. product calculators), we collect Personal Data you inform on the registration form, including your name, salutation, company, e-mail address, phone number, job title and user name and password. We register when you login the website and when you require a copy of the calculations in pdf format. In certain cases, and with your prior consent, Corbion will also receive a copy of the pdf you have downloaded with the calculations.
Subscription. If you use the 'Subscribe' button to subscribe to our newsletters and updates, we will collect the Personal Data you fill out in the form, including your e-mail address, the topics for which you wish to receive updates or further Personal Data and other Personal Data you decide to provide us in the subscription form, such as your name, company and position. You can always unsubscribe from these messages by following the instructions in these e-mails.
Customer Portal. If you make use of our Customer Portal, we collect the Personal Data you have filled out on the registration form or provided us with, including your name, company, e-mail address, phone number, job title and username and password. We also register relevant queries and the pages and products our customers view in the Customer Portal.
- Business Relations
If you or your company are one of our customers or their affiliates, business partners, suppliers, vendors, service providers, other persons who provide their products and services to us, other recipients of our products and services, and any other individuals about whom we obtain Personal Data in the course of our business relations, or prospects, we may process limited Personal Data via offline and online channels, for example
- physical documents (e.g. quotations, drawings, technical manuals), name cards, telephone calls, text messages;
- electronic documents, e-mail address, communication application and platforms (e.g. Line, WeChat, WhatsApp, MS Teams, and Skype) and other communications with us; and
- we may also receive Personal Data from our Corbion group entities globally or other third party sources (e.g. your company, reference company, purchasing association and acquaintances in the market, other suppliers, or any other third parties involved in the course of our businesses).
Such Personal Data may include, but not limited to, the following:
Personal identification and communication information: such as your title, name, photograph, copies of and/or information on government-issued documents (e.g. national identification card, passport, driving license, social security card), CCTV records, signature, home address, company address, e-mail address, phone number, Line ID, and other identifiers;
Work-related information: such as your company, job title, educational background, working experiences, other ownership or management interest in an organization, work permit certificate or other certificates related to work (e.g. confined space entry permit), and other personal data you give us in company's certificate, company's affidavit, book of shareholders' registration, certificate of value added tax registration, purchase contract, quotation, invoice, affidavit, catalogues, bidding documents / bid tab, product specification, material safety data sheet, certificate of analysis, request for quotation, agreement, incident report or complaint report, safety pre-qualification questionnaire, vendor’s price list, purchase requisition, and purchase order;
Financial information: such as financial statement, bank account information, and tax identification;
Other Personal Data: such as reasons for visiting Corbion location, arrival / departure time at Corbion location; and
Sensitive Personal Data: such as health data (e.g. information on fever, symptoms, and body temperature for the purpose of contagious disease screening when you visit our Corbion location). In exceptional cases, in certain jurisdictions, we may receive information about your religion when this information is included by default in your national identification card, which we use such national identification card for authenticating and verifying your identity.
C. What do we do with the Personal Data we collect?
Apart from the purposes where we may seek your consent, we (and third parties who may be acting on our behalf) may rely on (1) pre-contractual and contractual basis, for our initiation or fulfilment of a contract with you; (2) legal obligation, for the fulfilment of our legal obligations; (3) legitimate interest, for the purpose of our legitimate interests and the legitimate interests of third parties, to be balanced with your own interest and fundamental rights and freedoms in relation to the protection of your Personal Data; (4) vital interest, preventing or suppressing a danger to a person’s life, body or health; (5) public interest, for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or for the exercise of official actions and (6) the reason for an establishment and defence of legal claims, for using your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Corbion website, Dedicated websites, Subscription and Customer Portal
Corbion website, Dedicated websites and Customer Portal. We use the Personal Data we gain from use of our website, Dedicated websites, Customer Portal and your interactions with us for market research in pursuance of our legitimate interests of improving our products and services and being able to offer our customers and prospects tailored products and services. This may include us following up with these customers and prospects in relation to the products that they have viewed on the Customer Portal to see how we may be of further service and whether they are interested in particular Corbion products and services. If you do not wish to get such communications, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, reach out to your respective Corbion contact or unsubscribe directly via the links provided in our e-mails.
Subscription. We use the Personal Data you provide us via the 'Subscribe' button to send you information on our products and services, special offers and other Personal Data based on the interests that you have indicated to us. If you do not wish to receive such information, you can indicate so via the details directly above or the links provided in our e-mails.
- Business Relations
- We use your Personal Data you provide us when you contact us, for example in relation to enquiries, orders, comments or complaints made by you, for conducting business with you and for our legitimate interest of communicating with you about our products and services (e.g. quality assurance, consumer product testing), or in the course of our businesses.
- We use your Personal Data to establish and fulfil our contract with you. This may include verifying your identity, performing recruitment and selection procedures (e.g. checking financial status and other qualifications), communicating with you, exercising rights or performing of contractual obligations (e.g. providing or using of services, arranging the provision of products and services, processing payment, facilitating any recordings, and developing and creating relevant system). We also use your Personal Data for our legitimate interest of documenting and managing our internal administration.
- If you are our business partners, suppliers, vendors, service providers, or other persons who provide their products and services to us, we may use your Personal Data for business partner/supplier management (e.g. to support in booking air ticket and/or hotel for business trip, to create business partner/supplier databases, for new vendor set up/sourcing and master data set up), and for performance review. This may include sharing your Personal Data with other Corbion group entities, as well as using certain shared services within our Corbion group entities.
- We may use your Personal Data for the protection of our benefits (e.g. for updating Personal Data collected as appropriate, for recording as evidence, for enforcing our contracts, for solving disputes, for detecting, preventing and investigating fraud, and for establishing, exercising or defensing of legal claims), and for safety purposes (e.g. for personal safety, public security, crime prevention, potential legal prosecution or proceedings, including the use of CCTV, for ensuring on-site activity security).
- If you wish to visit our Corbion location, we may use your Personal Data for visitor management (e.g. for making permitting decisions in accordance with good laboratory practice, and logging).
- If necessary, we may use your Personal Data in order to comply with applicable laws and for our legitimate purpose of protection of our legal rights, for example, in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, investigative purposes. This may include sharing your Personal Data with third parties, such as governmental authorities or law enforcement officials (e.g. VAT submission).
- In the event of business reorganization, merger, sale, purchase, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of our business, assets, or stock, or rehabilitation, capital venture or any similar transaction, whether in whole or in part, we may disclose your Personal Data to our assignee(s) of rights and/or obligations as part of such transactions.
- With respect to Sensitive Personal Data, if you visit our Corbion location, we will use your health data (e.g. information on fever, symptoms, and body temperature) for the purpose of contagious disease screening. In certain jurisdictions, we may receive your religion data from your national identification card where this information is included in such documents by default. We will use such national identification card for authenticating and verifying your identity only and will not further process your religion data for any other purposes.
D. When do we share your Personal Data with third parties?
In the course of our businesses or to perform a service you request from us, to execute an order you have placed or to follow-up on your enquiries, we may share your Personal Data with other Corbion group entities. We may also share your Personal Data to third party service providers, for example e-mail and hosting providers, suppliers, marketing agencies and delivery services. Third party service providers will process your information on behalf of Corbion for the purposes above. We may also share your Personal Data to government bodies, authorities and/or law enforcement officials (e.g. Provincial Industry Office, Municipal Office, Industrial Estate Authority, Department of Industrial Works, and Department of Labour Protection and Welfare). When we share your Personal Data with these parties, we make sure that appropriate safeguards are taken to protect your Personal Data in accordance with applicable local laws.
We may also share your Personal Data toThird parties connected with possible or substantive sale of our business or any of our assets, or those of any related company, particularly through acquirements or mergers, alteration in divestitures or control, or affiliation with bankruptcy. In such instances, Personal Data collected by us may be one of the reassigned equities.
Sometimes we may share your Personal Data to other Corbion group companies located outside your country of residence, in particular the Netherlands, United States and the countries in which Corbion has an office to mobilize the work in other countries, to communicate in connection with the services, to administer vendors (e.g. contract, quotation, incident report, complaint report and other communication), to set up and sourcing new vendors, and to set up master data). An overview of Corbion's global presence can be found here.
Some Corbion group companies may locate in a country which local data protection authorities does not already prescribe to be the country that has the standard of personal data protection on the same level with the standard of personal data protection in your country of residence. In such event, we will take steps and measures to ensure that your Personal Data is securely transferred, and that the receiving parties have in place an appropriate level of data protection standards or other measures as applicable with the laws.
E. How long do we store your Personal Data?
We retain Personal Data about you only for as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected. However, we may retain Personal Data for a longer period where it is required or permitted by laws, such as where legal action or proceedings is initiated.
For example, if you are a customer or supplier of Corbion, Corbion will keep your Personal Data for the duration of the contractual relationship you or your company has with us and after the end of that relationship for as long as necessary to perform the purposes set out above or to comply with legal obligations. Personal Data we collect as a result of you subscribing to our newsletter or press releases will be stored until you decide to withdraw your subscription.
F. How do we protect your Personal Data?
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is secure. In order to prevent any accidental, unlawful or unauthorized loss, access, use, alteration, modification or disclosure, we have put in place administrative, technical and organizational measures to safeguard and secure the Personal Data we process from you.
We have implemented measures on controlling access and use of devices for storing and processing Personal Data which are secured and suitable for our processing of Personal Data. We also have measures on restricting access to Personal Data and the use of storage and processing equipment by imposing users' access rights, users' permission rights to the authorized personnel, and users' duties and responsibilities to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, perception or unlawful duplication of Personal Data, or theft of device used to store and process Personal Data. This includes measures on the re-examination in relation to access, alteration, erasure, or transfer of Personal Data which are in accordance with methods and channels used to collect, use or disclose Personal Data.
G. What are your rights?
Subject to applicable laws and exceptions thereof, you are entitled to ask Corbion for access or for a copy of the Personal Data we have about you, and also to rectify, delete or de-identity certain Personal Data, restrict processing of your Personal Data, or to ask Corbion to transfer some of this Personal Data to other organizations. In some cases, you can also object to some processing of your Personal Data and, where Corbion has asked for your consent to process your Personal Data, you can withdraw this consent at any time to the extent permitted under the applicable laws.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your Personal Data. If you have any concerns about how we process your Personal Data, you can get in touch at email@example.com or the contact details identified below. If you wish to opt out of receiving our commercial messages, you can also do so by at any time using the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of such e-mail.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the data protection authority where you believe our processing of your Personal Data is unlawful or non-compliant with applicable data protection law. We hope this will not be necessary and would like to assure you we will do our best to resolve any dissatisfaction you may have. Therefore, we would appreciate a chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the competent authority. Please contact us in the first instance.
H. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any Personal Data which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
I. How do we use social media buttons?
On our website we use the social media plug-ins from platforms such as Twitter and LinkedIn. The plug-ins can be recognized by the social media buttons marked with the logos of these companies.
We have implemented these plug-ins using the so-called 2-click solution. This means that when you surf on our website, no Personal Data of you will initially be collected by the providers of these social media plug-ins. Only if you click on one of the plug-ins will your Personal Data be transmitted: by activating the plug-in, Personal Data is automatically transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored by them (in the cases of Twitter and LinkedIn: the United States). We do not have influence on the collected Personal Data and Personal Data processing operations conducted by Twitter and LinkedIn and are not aware of the full extent of Personal Data collection, the purposes or the retention periods.
Information on the purpose and scope of Personal Data collection and its processing by social media platforms can be found in the respective data protection policies of these providers, where you will also find further information on your rights and options for privacy protection. Please refer to the websites of these social media platforms for their data protection policies.
K. If you have any questions
If you have any questions or requests with regard to this privacy statement or if you wish to exercise your rights as set out above, please contact us at:
Legal & Compliance Department – Data Protection Office
Piet Heinkade 127
1019 GM Amsterdam The Netherlands
Please click here for the list of local privacy contacts.
L. Changes and applicable law
Corbion may change this privacy statement from time to time by updating this page. This privacy statement was last updated in May 2021. Please review this privacy statement regularly for any updates. We will notify you or obtain your consent again if there are significant updates to this privacy statement, or if we are required to do so by law.
This privacy statement is governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Netherlands.
Product not available in your region
This product is not available in the selected region.
If you want this product in your region, or find a suitable alternative, please contact us,